I May / Letter & Poems
















I MAY / LETTER & POEMS
(Or, Minne-Songs)

”This beautiful May I have beheld, 
In this beautiful May I have beheld...” 
The only vision of my fallen youth 
And whom I have served with arms 
Long ago I received a letter from her 
And I was made aware of this May 
We had to come from the heights 
”And Plato's love will be enough for us” 
But it's hard for a man who could not get it 
Hard, in troubled times everyone will fall 
If I hadn't been a poet, if I hadn't been a poet 
I would not have survived with these ties 

And I hope you have forgiven me 
That I failed to be a knight, and I failed 
I failed to love you like a man should 
This beautiful May I have beheld, 
In this beautiful May I have beheld 
What I tried to own and if I swore 
”Thank God you were never mine 
And I have never been yours” 
We were (not) meant to be like that 
For you've been a guiding light 
In the night of my inversion 

”And let no earthly thing ever take it from us, 
Let no thing of this world come between”

 

There'll be a May, fair and young 
For all those who could not be 
Like men for the ones they loved 
And who had, who had fallen again 
Lord, all troubled times are such 
No one will be saved from.... 
And I kept on clinging to her Minne 
The kind of love that can't be harmed 
By the black surrounding the earth 
The black sphere and today's world 

This beautiful May I have beheld, 
In this beautiful May I have beheld 
Why there is a poet, in other wor(l)ds 
”It has been quite romantic after all” 
And with this letter I'm writing for you 
My first love, real as that faith is real 
In the higher spheres it will be safe 
Cared by the Divine Spirit of Poetry 
The Heavenly Rose and white light 
If our love is like Plato's (τὸ ὄν) 
”….It had to be purified first” 
May the Highest, the Holy One 
Forever bless you with grace 

Written on the Ascension Day 
29th of May 2014

For my first love M.T. 
Who sent me a letter in May 1995